Wednesday, October 31, 2007

home again

Just a quick note to let you know that we're back home again. Delie did great today, and the doctor said the surgery went just like he expected it to. He said Delie should sleep a lot the next couple of days, but she should be doing good by next week. He even said she could go to ballet as soon as she feels like it. I don't think Delie knows that yet, but I know it will make her happy. She's really missed dance the past several weeks.

Our next appointment is a follow-up on the surgery in two weeks. And in about 6 weeks she'll be fitted with a prosthetic eye.

Thank you for praying for us. I don't think today was as hard as we expected. Please continue to pray for Delie the next few days. She's been dizzy and nauseous since the surgery. She also says it hurts to open her eye so we've been mostly leading her around as she got ready for bed. These are normal side effects of the anesthesia and surgery, so it's nothing to worry about, but we pray she feels better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very thankful for your sweet Delie and her attitude and her faith. What a testimony of your parenting skills and God's grace. ONe day I met them all at Amy's and just loved them immediately. I homeschooled my children for 7 years and loved every minute. I'm glad you are able to do this, you won't regret it. Just remember they are not yours, they belong to God. We just get them for a short while. I wish someone had made that clear to me early on. And there is no guanretee they will "turn out" as you hope, but they will have that awesome foundation. That is shown in all of you , especially Delie and her faith. We are all praying and know this will be a very powerful testimony to many people. jane watson

Mosshouse said...

Just spoke with Mamie and we heard you all got to do your movie night last night when Delie now able to open her eyes. We are so happy things went well and can't wait to see y'all at Thanksgiving!