Friday, November 16, 2012

Competition Day Part 2

I woke up yesterday morning with a great peace about the contest.  Needless to say, I became very nervous during parts of the competition but I knew that God was with me.  I am very thankful for all the volunteers who made this event go so smoothly.
After the competition we went to the Titanic Museum.  At the beginning of the tour each person receives a card with the name and information of a Titanic passenger. At the end of the tour you discover whether "you" survived or perished.  We all enjoyed the museum which was very family friendly.  It was neat to look at replicas of things on the Titanic, read facts about it, stick our hands in the 28 degree water, and more. 
 
 
When we reached the end of our tour we were all anxious to discover our fate. As it turned out, each of our men (Big George, Daddy, George, Samuel, Thomas, William, and James) died  while we ladies were all among the survivors.  I was inspired by the lives, or rather the deaths, of these brave men.  It reminded me of Paul who, in his last days, wrote 2 Timothy to encourage his spiritual son and of David who, "when [David's] time to die drew near, he commanded Solomon his son, saying,  'I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, and show yourself a man.'"  (1 Kings 2:1-2.)
We weren't able to take pictures inside the museum but we got a few outside by this waterfall.  James had been playing by it and then ran over to Mommy and Daddy and smiled up at them.  I was able to capture the sweet look of innocence on his face (above).
After supper George and I lined up to go on stage in the Opening Ceremony.  After receiving our medals we returned to sit with our family and enjoyed all of the ceremony.  There were several speakers and the choir (pictured above) was beautiful.  It was a very exciting time of celebration!
Well I'm going to go watch the semi-final challenge round for the Junior division now.
In Christ,
Delie

2 comments:

Elizabeth. said...

Hello Moss Family! =)

I just wanted to comment to say that it was *such* a blessing meeting you all at nationals! =) What an amazing, encouraging, incredible week! Thank you so much for your encouragement and I'm so glad we were able to meet! =) Hope you are having a wonderful day!

With Joy in Christ,
Elizabeth

Carissa P. said...

Thanks for sharing about your Bible Bee experience. I was also a junior in the 2012 National Bible Bee. You both did a great job, press on to know the LORD.

Blessings,
Carissa P.