Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 17: Portland at last!



On Wednesday we packed up our home away from home (a.k.a. the tent) and set out for Portland.


It was a little bittersweet to pack up our camping gear for the last time, but we were all so excited about finally being in a house that we didn't care!


Well, you'd be excited about staying in such a pretty house too!  Acres of hazelnut trees, a garden of veggies and herbs, apple trees, and a kitchen, laundry room, and the works.  We all LOVED it!  And did I mention that it was less expensive than two hotel rooms?!  The house wins over a hotel every time.  (And, no, there is no such thing as exclamation point overuse; the house really is that good.)   I hope to post more pictures from it soon.


But for now I'll just leave you with a picture of us eating real food in a real kitchen (exciting!).  There's no place like home, but this comes pretty close.

P.S.  I'm behind on blogging by about five days, so I thought I'd give you a brief update about where we are really going.  We're in Rapid City, SD, and plan to drive straight home from here.  Please pray for us as we drive the last thousand miles between here and West TN.   I plan to blog tomorrow, Lord willing, from home sweet home!

Posted by Joy


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Joy, I have so enjoyed seeing all these beautiful pictures and hearing about this amazing trip!

Moss Family said...

Thank you!